To start the chart, click on the date.
This animation compares the global and regional trends in temperature anomalies as the global temperature increases overall. The equatorial and global temperature increases are roughly comparable but the southern hemisphere increases far more slowly than the northern hemisphere. This is because the southern hemisphere is mostly ocean which warms far more slowly than the land which predominates in the north.
The starting temperature is compared to the pre-industrial period before large emissions of greenhouse gases had begun.
- Greta Thunberg Scolds the COP24 Leadership
- Greta Thunberg: Climate activist and genius
- The Breathing Earth
- NASA Video
- Amazing New Video of Our Planet
- Fear of Nuclear Power Makes Solving Global Warming Difficult
- How CO2 Infrared trapping increases the planet’s temperature
- Does natural selection and evolution depend on living things?
- Ft Lauderdale’s next few years should be interesting
- Divesting from Exxon for Moral Reasons
- A Year in the Life of CO2 2006
- New Insights into Sea Level Rise and Superstorms
- Sea Level Changes Revealed
- Comments on the TransPacific Partnership Agreement